Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8 PRE-PRODUCTION

Today was a very busy day. I had a conference call at noon with a wedding planner about the design and decor for the film.  It went well. We agreed on a Spring wedding with Mint Green colors.  I'm still looking for the perfect church but I have a great back-up if I don't find what I am looking for.

I put the word out to a great sound mixer that I worked with on Stomp The Yard 2. There is no way I can pay him his full rate but hopefully he'll look out. Sound is THE most important aspect of the filming process that many people ignore. Shitty sound will KILL your film, EVERY TIME.

I went out and bought a $200 Web Cam so I could Ustream this casting call for everyone. It also kills two birds with on stone for me as I will be able to record every one's auditions and go back and review them later. I pride myself on being open with my process and it's dope that I will be able to do this.

I had to run out and print out a ton of documents for this casting call tomorrow. Sign in sheet, notes etc.

All in all it was a very productive day. I have no idea how many people are actually going to show up for the auditions tomorrow but I am praying that I can find the right people to complete casting for this film.  We shoot in two weeks.

Director: Cherry
"This Time I Want It All"

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about sound. I hit you up on redusers.net. I hope you get a sound person I'll be more than happy to be a sound utility/boom op. I have experience.

    Thanks
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete